At St Bernard’s we believe that we have a responsibility to build and nurture an active, responsible and informed community. We believe that there is a link between good physical and mental health and successful social and family relationships. PDHPE is an important area within the primary curriculum that permeates all aspects of school life.
PDHPE relates to:
- Physical, social, cognitive and emotional growth and development patterns;
- The development and maintenance of positive interpersonal relationships;
- The factors influencing personal health choices;
- Living and learning in a safe environment;
- The adoption of an active lifestyle and
- Fundamental movement patterns and coordinated actions of the body.